Friday, July 18, 2008

Decision made and action was taken

So the decision to get as close to my "normal weight range " as possible was taken. At my height, what is acceptable is somewhere between 160-170 pounds. This meant that I have to lose 110-120 pounds. That was overwhelming to think about. I lost 50-60 pounds before and gained it back. I knew how hard that was. So I know that if I give myself more time( maybe 10-12 months from May 5, 08), exercise harder and more SERIOUSLY and with good nutrition, maybe I can achieve the century mark and lose 100 pounds. This would result in weighing 180 pounds. To weigh less than 200 pounds seems like a good enough goal for me as I honestly do not remember when was the last time I maintained such weight.

What I know best is that running,walking, some weight lifting, and eating healthy is what works for me. So I rejoined my running group, The Kenyan Way, added some evening walks and weight lifting on my own time.

No comments: