Friday, July 18, 2008

The routine

In general, here's the routine

Monday through Thursday
I started with 2, then 3, then 4, and now up to 5 days a week of exercise
Wake up at 5:30 AM
Meet my running group at 6 AM(Mondays , Wednesdays, and Saturdays, and run on my own on Tuesday and Thursdays)
Warm up and stretch
Finish the designed workout by the coach
Stretch and do core exercises(sit ups, crunches, planks, push ups, etc)
Back at home by 7:10 AM
Shower and have my oatmeal , or fruit smoothie, or ALL Bran cereal, and of course lots of water Go to work with my healthy packed lunch and WATER
Back from work around 5:30 PM( although I was out of work for a while, which helped my running, I accepted a new position that starts 7-21-08)
Take a short rest
Finish 15-20 minutes of weight lifting(in apartment complex gym)
Finish 50-70 minute walk in the park or neighborhood
Shower, light dinner, lots of water, stretch, read something useful
Go to sleep

Exceptions
  • I take Fridays off. I meet my friends for dinner, watch movies, etc
  • After Saturday's long run( which is why I rest on Friday), I stretch, have a good breakfast to recover and take a nap. NO evening workout on Saturday. Need some personal time
  • Sunday, I do more weights, core routine, and a 70-80 minute walk

The walking is helping a lot. My legs recover better, and I'm losing more weight, so then I run better, so then I feel better, and so on, it's all connected.....

No comments: